Are you looking for how to start a blog for free on blogger and publish your blog posts to make money? Do you want to know how to make a blog on Blogger for free?
We know that there are many alternatives on the web to creating a blog and it is normal that you do not know which one is the most suitable for your content. Everyone recommends WordPress to start a blog, I also suggest you start your blog with WordPress because WordPress has wide options to expand your blog. But if you want to start for free, you can go with the blogger.
For this reason, today we want to tell you how to make a blog on Blogger free for a lifetime, one of the easiest-to-use platforms to create blogs and an excellent option with which you can start publishing your articles.
In addition, we will show you what are the advantages of Blogger and how you can get the most out of its features. Don’t hesitate anymore! It’s time to start spreading your writing on the web and learn how to make a blog on Blogger that takes your content to the next level.
What is Blogger?
Before teaching you how to make a blog on Blogger, we want to tell you what Blogger is and what its main features are so that you are encouraged to create your own website.
Blogger is an online platform by Google for creating blogs and is one of the most used tools by content creators in the world. Created in 1998 by Pyra Labs, Blogger was one of the first blogging sites that emerged with the advent of the Internet. It gained so much recognition that in 2003 and it was acquired by Google and opened up a whole range of possibilities both for the blog itself and for its users.
Blogger has been optimizing its features and expanding its resources to become one of the best alternatives for creating blogs. If you are passionate about a topic, you can use Blogger to have your own online writing space, this platform is the perfect place to publish your opinions, your thoughts, or your experiences.
Advantages of Blogger?
If you want to know how to make a blog on Blogger, you must know the advantages that this platform offers you. Here we tell you.
- Free Blog: Blogger is completely free. You NO NEED TO pay any kind of cost to create your blog, much less to publish your texts.
- Ease of Creation: You can make a blog on Blogger in less than ten minutes. You just need a Gmail account to create your blog, give it a name, choose a style and start writing your content in no time.
- Easy to Use: If something characterizes Blogger, it is the ease with which you can configure its attributes and navigate through its interface. Everything is so well detailed that it is very easy to get familiar with how it works.
- Integration with Adsense: One of the great advantages of Blogger is its integration with Google Adsense, an advertising tool with which you can monetize your content by letting advertisers have visibility on your blog.
Disadvantages of Blogger
Blogger belongs to Google, one of the most important technology companies in the world. However, creating a blog on Blogger not only has a positive side full of advantages, but it also has its drawbacks.
Next, we will comment on some of the points that you should take into account before deciding if you want to create a blog on Blogger.
- Difficulties for SEO optimization: The SEO optimization of your content on Blogger can be somewhat limited, especially when it comes to the URL of your blog. With Blogger you do not have the option to customize the URL of your content based on your needs or a particular keyword. In addition, Blogger URLs often include the publication date of the content, so users may consider this information to be out of date.
- Few Customization Options: Although any Blogger blog can be customized, the options are quite limited. Unlike other PAID platforms where you can create a blog, in Blogger you cannot add plugins that help you customize each of the aspects of your preference in detail. You can only customize a Blogger blog with some templates from the platform, or with the HTML code of Blogger templates of some pages. However, external templates often slow down the loading speed of the blog and affect the user experience.
- Appearance is Unprofessional: Blogger is one of the best options to create a free blog, especially if you want to have a personal blog to share personal experiences or opinions, among other things. However, if you want to go into content marketing or earn money from ads with what you write, creating a blog with Blogger might not be the best option.
Blogger’s look and feel are unprofessional, and even though according to a Statista report, blogs hosted on Blogger domains received more than 53 million visits in the first half of 2021, some options could give you better results.
That’s why I suggest you start your blog with WordPress:
Still here is my step-by-step guide to creating a free blog on blogger:
How to Create a Blog for Free on Blogger
- First, go to Blogger.com. You will see an orange button with the words “CREATE YOUR BLOG” Click on that button.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- In the next step, choose a name for your blog. Use your creativity to create an attractive, rememberable name for your blog.
- Choose a URL for your Blogger blog. Select the name of your web address with which your readers can find you. Blogger will announce to you if the chosen name is available. If not, try some variations until you can create a blog on Blogger.
- Finally, confirm your name and you will finish creating your blog. All done.
Now your free blog on blogger is created and you are ready to publish your content. After creating a blog on blogger, make sure you submit the blog URL to Google so that your blog can show up on search results pages.
Explore and Configure Your Blogger Blog
Good! Now that you know how to blog on Blogger, it’s time to review its interface options and learn how Blogger works.
Let’s focus then on the tool panel located on the left side of the main page.
As its name indicates, in this section, you will find your blog posts. You will be able to see its publication dates, how many comments it got, and its visits. If you click on one of your posts, you will be able to modify them and change their publication parameters.
Now that you know how to blog on Blogger, you should know how to create a blog post.
To create a new text, you just have to press the “+ New Post” button located in the upper left corner of the screen.
Here you will have access to see the activity of your blog posts. You can check the total daily or monthly visits. In addition, you will see a graph where you can monitor the activity of your articles according to the days in which they were published.
One of the advantages of Blogger is that you have access to all the opinions of your readers. In this section, you will know the comments they have left on your blog posts. You can answer or delete them according to your criteria.
As we discussed earlier in our Advantages of Blogger point, this platform has direct integration with Google Adsense. Here you can create your account in this tool to start managing the advertising content of advertisers in your notes.
After customizing your blog, making legal pages like about, contact, T&C, etc, and publishing 20-25 quality blog posts, you can apply for Adsense.
Unlike Blogger posts, a page corresponds to a static section within your website. Here you can record accurate information that does not require regular updating. It can be the description of your blog, your contact information, or any other type of content that you consider relevant to complement your blog on Blogger.
In the design section, you can modify the buttons in the layout of your blog in Blogger and add different gadgets. The platform will show you the sections available on your website and you can organize them your way.
This is one of the most important points to knowing how to blog on Blogger and gain the attention of your readers. It is about choosing a design and the visual aspect of your blog. You can also use AdSense-friendly blogger templates if need quick Adsense approval.
In Blogger you will find a wide variety of pre-made templates for the style of your website. You can choose the one that catches your eye, preview its style and change it to your favorite color.
Select the template that best suits your content and carry out the tests you consider necessary until you get the best result. Designing a blog in Blogger will be decisive for the success of your page.
At the end of this section, you will have access to the general configuration of your account. Here you will know how to change the name of your blog in Blogger, modify the URL, add a description, and review privacy parameters.
From this settings tab, you can also connect a custom domain to a blogger blog, explore some SEO settings, can configure robots.txt, and more.
In the last part of the interface you will find the “Reading list” section, but what does it mean? In Blogger you have the option to follow different accounts and be aware of their updates. The reading list works like a timeline where you will find the latest blog posts and updates from the blogs you follow.
Finally, you will find the option “View blog” which, as its name indicates, is direct access to view your blog and see the changes you have applied.
Good! Now that you know how to make a blog on Blogger, what are you waiting for to open your own account and start publishing your content? But first, let us give you some guidelines for your blog to get the growth you want.
How to Change Blog Theme in Blogger?
As we mentioned, you can customize the appearance of your Blogger blog through the themes box. Next, we will tell you what are the steps you must follow to achieve it.
- Click on the “Theme” tab and select the option titled “customize”.
- In the “context” section, select the background image and the main color range.
- In the “advanced” section, select the font type, including size and color.
- In the “gadgets” section, select the settings for each of the blog sections.
- Save your changes by clicking the floppy disk icon in the bottom right corner.
If despite the customization, you still don’t like the template you selected to create a blog on Blogger, you can select another of the themes available on the platform. Don’t worry if you’ve already tried all of them and none of them convinces you, because you still have the option to download them on other pages. Let’s see how to do it!
How to Install an External Template in Blogger?
There are countless templates on the Internet that you can download to customize your Blogger blog quickly and easily. Also, installing and editing the HTML of a template in Blogger is very easy.
One of the best options you have to download a template for your Blogger blog is Gooyabi templates, a page that has a series of free and SEO-optimized blogger templates that will be very useful to you.
Next, we explain the procedure so that you can edit the appearance of your blog in Blogger through an external template. Don’t worry if you see some HTML programming code, because you don’t need any HTML knowledge to do it. These are the steps you must follow:
- Go to the Free Templates page and select the theme of your choice.
- After selecting the Blogger template, click download.
- Open the .zip file that was downloaded and double-click on the .xml document.
- Copy the entire contents of the popup notepad.
- Go back to your blog page in Blogger, click the arrow on the customize button, and select the “Edit HTML” option.
- In the new window that opens, delete all the text and paste the content of the .xml document.
- Save your changes by clicking the floppy disk icon in the bottom right corner.
It’s that easy to customize the look and feel of your blog on Blogger, you just need to spend a little time creating an attention-grabbing blog that helps you share all the content you want to create.
I have finished our guide on how to create a free blog on Blogger. I hope that these steps and recommendations will be very useful for you to be encouraged to create your own online space and captivate your readers with your talent and creativity.
After creating a blog, just publish consistently and keep quality. Quality blog posts lead to increase blog traffic also there are more chances to make money from blogging as soon as possible. Good luck! 🚀