5 Best WordPress Cache Plugins to Speed Up Website in 2021
Cache helps increase website speed. In WordPress, there are many WordPress cache plugins. In this article, we will review the 5 most popular Cache plugins.
Websites that are quickly accessed are very popular with visitors. Meanwhile, those whose loading takes a long time tend to be abandoned.
If the old website is accessed, you need to be careful because it will experience a high bounce rate.
The bounce rate is the state when a visitor clicks on a website in the search results. Then the visitor is directed directly to a page.
Moreover, because website loading takes a long time, visitors close the window.
Site speed greatly affects the SEO of the website and has a harmful effect.
Of course, you do not want this to happen to your website.
Therefore let’s increase the speed of your website, like using super fast hosting. However, this super-fast hosting is usually quite expensive.
But calm down…. There is still a solution, and we use medium-speed hosting. Then we add the cache plugins that is already available on WordPress.
How Cache Plugin Works in WordPress?
A cache is a collection of stored temporary data that can be accessed at high speed.
For example, the cache holds the pages that were recently loaded. Then when we access the same page, next time. Then the requested page can appear quickly.
Benefits of Installing a Cache Plugin on a Website
- Increase website speed significantly.
- Reducing bandwidth usage
- Reducing loading times on the Hosting server
- An accessible website increases the number of visitors from Google organic search.
- Ensure that website’s content can still be displayed when the website is down because the content has been previously cached.
- A fast-accessing Website improves the User experience. And make users interested in visiting more pages on our website. So that users feel at home for long on our web. Google considers our website to have information that is relevant to what users are looking for.
In the WordPress directory, there are many choices of cache plugins, both free and paid ones.
To save your time, I have selected the 5 Best WordPress Cache Plugins.
Later you have to choose one of them to install on your website. Here we discuss 5 Cache Plugins that you can use. Starting from the features, it has the Pros and Cons of each plugin.
5 Best WordPress Cache Plugins
1. LiteSpeed Cache
Litespeed Cache is a plugin from LiteSpeed that functions as an Advance class caching management tool for WordPress.
This plugin is based on PHP, open-source and free. Can perform caching at the webserver level.
Has optimization features to reduce loading times. Making the website easy and fast to access. So that it can help to bring more traffic.
Litespeed Cache Plugin Features
- Browser Cache Support
- Full-page caching at the server level
- Lazy Load Images
- Image Optimization
- Database Optimization
- HTTP / 2 Push
- Edge Side Includes (ESI)
- Object Cache with Redis
Pros of LiteSpeed Cache Plugin
- Reduces overhead and provides a faster-caching process at the webserver level.
- It is effortless to use, so it is suitable for beginners.
- Supports single and multi-website installation.
- Have custom settings. Can use different themes for display on Desktop and Mobile Device. It can also have different views for different geographic locations.
- There is a Don’t Cache option so that you can choose not to cache particular pages.
- Integrated with LiteSpeed Web Server. Litespeed web server is the webserver that has the highest speed today, which has 6 times better performance than hosting using Apache.
- Compatible with Popular Plugins in WordPress. Like Woocommerce, Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, Wordfence Security, Autoptimize, Ninja Forms, Google XML Sitemaps, and many more.
Cons of LiteSpeed Cache
- Some several advanced features and settings may not be suitable for all WordPress websites.
- Must use Litespeed Web Server to get maximum results.
2. W3 Total Cache
Our next WordPress Cache Plugin is W3 Total. W3 Total Cache can save bandwidth by minifying and compressing website files. Thanks to the versatile rendering and compression settings in this plugin.
It can increase website speed and performance 10 times.
And has a feature that can shorten the download time. This plugin can also be integrated with a Content Delivery Network (CDN) without experiencing any problems.
W3 Total Cache features
- Can import post attachments directly to the WordPress Media Library or CDN
- Can perform minification on many types of files and databases
- Cloudflare CDN compatible
- Supports Mobile Devices and Tablets
- Offers browser caching via the Cache-Control General Header Field feature
Pros of W3 Total Cache
- In the Premium version, there is a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate. SSL serves to increase security on cached data. As well as increasing the SEO ranking of the website.
- The main advantage of the W3 Total Cache Plugin is the Pre-caching Feature. Through this feature, you can easily set the caching interval and location on your website. It can be on Disc or in Memory.
- You can get more exclusive features in the paid version, such as Fragment Caching, Exclusive Extension Framework, and Genesis Framework Compatibility.
Cons of W3 Total Cache
- Plugin settings are confusing for beginner Bloggers. Because there are many essential menus and settings in it, these plugins tend to be designed for Bloggers who are familiar with WordPress and are already experts.
- If you want to get the maximum results, you have to buy the W3 Total Cache Pro version. And the price is quite expensive for a small website class. However, it is suitable for those who want to build large-scale websites such as eCommerce.
- Many complaints can be found in plugin reviews, installation guides, configurations, and threads on the Supports Forum.
3. WP Fastest Cache
Next WordPress Cache Plugin is WP Fastest that generates static HTML files from our dynamic WordPress blog and stores them in the cache.
The user experience display is good and can work well when paired with other plugins.
This plugin is easy to install, and there is no need to modify .htaccess files manually. So this plugin is suitable for beginner bloggers.
WP Fastest Cache Features:
- Supports caching for desktop and mobile
- Supports CDN and SSL
- Automatically update the cache files every time there are new posts, new comments, and updates from old posts.
- There is an option to enable cache timeout on certain pages.
- It gives the option to enable or disable the cache option on the display on mobile devices.
- Minify CSS and HTML
- Enable Gzip compression to reduce the size of files sent by the server.
- Use mod_rewrite to create static HTML files on your website.
If you want more exclusive features. You can buy the premium version. The following are additional features found in the premium version of WP Fastest Cache:
- Minify JS, HTML plus and CSS plus
- Combine JS plus
- Mobile and Widget cache
- Render Blocking JS
- Image Optimization
- Static Cache
- Delete cache logs
- Google Fonts Async
- And Database Cleanups
Pros of WP Fastest Cache
- There is a cache option for cell phones.
- Has a cache timeout for a certain period.
Cons of WP Fastest Cache
- Not yet supported for use on Multisite.
4. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is a paid WordPress cache plugin that is also very popular. This plugin has more than 1 million active users.
WP Rocket Features
- Page Caching
- Quick Setup
- Browser Caching
- Database Optimization
- E-commerce Friendly
- Multilingual Compatibility
Pros of WP Rocket
- Integrated with Cloudflare for CDN users
- There is a database optimization feature.
- Automatic Speed Optimization is an automatic setting to optimize up to 80% after the plugin is installed.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Has full support to every user.
- Has several Add-ons such as Cloudflare CDN and Varnish Cache. This combination of add-ons can clear the cache whenever there is new content on the Nginx server. Then link the website cache directly to the Cache on Cloudflare. This is very useful for those of you who use Cloudflare.
Cons of WP Rocket
- Does not have a free version. So you have to buy one of the packages that have been provided to be able to use it.
5. WP Super Cache
The company that makes the WP Super Cache plugin is Automatic, a company that also makes WordPress CMS.
WP Super Cache has a choice of 3 methods to display cached website files: Expert, Simple, and WP-Cache Caching.
Expert is the choice of the fastest method to ensure that a website’s performance remains high even when many people visit it.
Meanwhile, Simple is a method that allows web files to appear dynamic. Although not as fast as the Expert method.
And the last is WP-Cache Caching, a method that focuses on managing visiting users. Ensuring the website remains high performance when visited by many visitors.
Features of WP Super Cache
- Can compress pages automatically
- Supports CDN systems
- Has basic function for cache schedule
- Has Extensive mod_rewrite for caching static pages
- Supports Mobile display
Pros of WP Super Cache:
WP Super Cache is a straightforward and lightweight plugin. And it’s easy to set up, so it is suitable for beginner bloggers who still do not understand WordPress CMS.
In addition, this plugin can also be synchronized with a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to increase website speed.
And it also has an easy-to-manage export function so that you can move the caching plugin settings to different websites.
Cons of WP Super Cache:
Not as many features as other plugins. And there is one crucial feature that is not owned, namely the minification feature.
In computer language, minification is removing unnecessary characters from source code without changing their function.
Examples of unnecessary characters such as whitespace characters, comments, newline characters, and block delimiters.
These characters are used to simplify the code reading process. However, it is not required in the execution process.
In addition, minification can reduce the file size on the website so that loading times are faster.
Conclusion: Which is Best WordPress Cache Plugin?
After we look at each WordPress Cache plugin’s features, Pros, and Cons, we can find out the most suitable plugins to use on your website.
Through beta testing results for WordPress websites, it has been proven that the LiteSpeed Cache Plugin can increase page loading speed and is more efficient than other cache plugins.
Such as WP Fastest Cache, Wp Super Cache, and W3 Total Cache. Because it can handle traffic in larger numbers.
Apart from that, this plugin is simple enough that it is suitable for beginner bloggers.
What I like about this plugin is that it can be integrated with LiteSpeed Web Server. Litespeed web server is the webserver that has the highest speed today, which has 6 times better performance than hosting using Apache.
And last but not least, this plugin is compatible with Popular Plugins in WordPress.
Like Woocommerce, Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, Wordfence Security, Autoptimize, Ninja Forms, Google XML Sitemaps, and many more.
Hopefully, these WordPress Cache Plugins was helpful for you. And it can increase the speed of your website.
Hey Vishal Meena ,
Excellent post with best wordpress caching plugins. I truly appreciate your Researches & hard-works. You have provided the best caching plugins for wordpress users to boost the site speed.
I really like the way you have explained and presented each caching plugin including their key features & every necessary details making the concept very clear & easy to understand. Your each listed plugins are so crucial, having their own significance, loaded with helpful features and also holds a great potential to increase site speed. Your all the included plugins are effective to use But according to me Wp-Rocket, Wp super cache, W3 Total cache, Hyper cache, Comet cache and Wp fastest cache are fantastic plugins to use. Using these plugin will be a great helping hand & will undoubtedly boost site speed and also provides an amazing user-experience.
After going through this complete guide i really gain ideas and boosted my knowledge about various caching plugins for wordpress. I am sure that this post will definitely help lots of people, readers and especially wordpress-users. According to me this is a perfect guide to know about various wordpress caching plugins.
Eventually thanks for sharing your knowledge and such an informative post.